Cashier Receptionist- Grade 3
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: March 20, 2020
The cashier/receptionist is a member of the health care
department team who functions under the direction guidance and
supervision of the department manager, assistant manager, or
designee. The cashier/receptionist greets and checks in all
patients reporting to the medical office in a professional and
courteous manner. This position is responsible for accurate
check-in, check-out where applicable, information capture and
revenue collection per procedures. Responsible for having a general
knowledge of the medical center in order to assist patients with
questions and concerns. Requires extensive use of the
- Reception, Check-In, Check-out (where applicable):
- Greet and assist patients that present; follow appropriate
patient registration/check-in policies and procedures; verify
and/or update all demographic information, for example Personal
Physician Selection, Language Preference.
- Working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example
(but not limited to) traditional, deductible, etc.
- Check in patients by following check-in policies and procedures
and using the check-in systems or manual visit records when the
systems are down; determine patient's membership/benefits according
to the benefit display; create accounts as necessary, for example
(but not limited to) workers' compensation, confidential, etc.;
capture and populate workers' compensation data on the correct
screens and select the correct coverage as necessary.
- Manage electronic in-basket; use notes function where
applicable to document prepayments; obtain a patient medical record
number when necessary; order Health Plan cards as needed.
- Collect co-pays and fees; inform patients of available payment
- Generate appropriate encounter forms per procedure
electronically or manually if the system is down.
- Direct patients to appropriate area after the check-in process
- Check out patients by following checkout policies and
procedures and using the checkout systems or manual visit records
when the systems are down, if applicable.
- Follow appropriate procedures when registering exception-type
patients such as non-members, out-of-area health plan members,
Medicare, Media-Cal, and industrial patients. Initiate and complete
required forms for all appointments per policy. Access necessary
information from the fee schedule to determine appropriate fees
based on CPT-4 and/or service codes in order to collect appropriate
- Assist patients by: explaining co-pays/applicable fees;
providing facility directions; referring to other departments and
administrative services for further information, e.g., Member
Services, Medical Secretaries, and Business Office; initiating and
completing appropriate forms as needed, for example Release Of
Information, Patient Financial Responsibility; tracking referrals
to specialty care by utilizing the consultation/referral system as
needed in those areas where this responsibility currently exists
for the individual in this classification - where this
responsibility is not part of an existing position, it cannot be
added without written agreement as part of the LMP.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and application to Patient
Administration Appointment Registration (PARRS).
- Maintain the patient will-call area box if applicable.
- Communicate with clinical and business office staff as
- Cash Handling, Reconciliation and Deposit:
- Handle cash according to the Cash Handling Responsibility
Agreement. Comply with all applicable cash handling policies and
procedures (see reference list)
- The registration designee is responsible for the safekeeping of
change funds, all revenue collected during the shift, all assigned
revenue documents, and all keys assigned for cash control.
- Obtain, secure, and ensure sufficient denominations to provide
- Reconcile shift and deposit funds according to the Cash
Handling Responsibility Agreement.
- Use correct procedures to document and report
- Working towards positive operational outcomes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities - this job has no supervisory
- Six (6) months work experience.
- Basic knowledge and use of computer and computer keyboard.
- Passing of a PC skills assessment.
- Ability to read and follow instructions, short correspondence,
- Communicate with health care providers, staff, patients and
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, manage time and prioritize
workflow in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of computer and computer keyboard.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to the detailed responsibilities outlined in the
respective collective bargaining unit Cash Handling Responsibility
- High School Diploma/GED. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- N/A Preferred Qualifications:
- N/AKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.External hires must pass a background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or
conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner
consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Cashier
Receptionist- Grade 3LOCATION: Lincoln, CaliforniaREQNUMBER:
856253External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Lincoln , Cashier Receptionist- Grade 3, Education / Teaching , Lincoln, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!