F&B Employee Experience Manager
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CAYear Round
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region,
boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than
70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the
1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain
to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow
sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades
Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in
Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers
year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques,
many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on
the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski
destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a
harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy.
Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.###.#### to learn
more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 21 years of age. As a prerequisite, a
pre-employment drug screen is required.
Job Summary: The Employee Experience Manager will be responsible
for hiring, training, career path development, ongoing retention
and recognition programs and the successful onboarding of seasonal
and year-round team members. Takes ownership and incorporates our
company values and guest service strategies into all employee
This role will be divided into 2 phases and 4 categories:
Planning Phase: Spring & Fall
- Hiring & Recruitment: 50%
- Training & Development: 40%
- Operations: 10%
Execution Phase: Summer & Winter
- Hiring & Recruitment: 40%
- Training & Development: 50%
- Operations: 10%
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following:
other duties may be assigned:
General Responsibilities: Hiring and Recruitment:
- Recruit and participate in all relevant job fairs to ensure
presence in the community and to local, regional job markets.
- Innovate and manage employee retention programs.
- Manage requisitions and respond to all candidates that have
applied for F&B positions while updating status of each
candidate in compliance with HR guidelines.
- Interview/Screen all employees interested in F&B and
provide recommendations for hiring managers. Strong focus on
culinary recruitment and selection, partnering with Executive
- Manage the J-1 international recruiting program for
- J1 visa program coordinator for all F&B staff. Pre-arrival
communication, greeter upon arrival, onboarding coordinator, and
provides support to operations and students related to scheduling
conflicts and job-sharing.
- Update and manage Staffing Workbook in collaboration with
F&B managers to ensure accuracy of staffing plan.
General Responsibilities: Training and Onboarding:
- Develop and administer robust on boarding and training program
for all levels of team members including initial online training
curriculum addressing state, local and company regulations and
compliance for winter and summer team members.
- Develop and manager ongoing F&B recognition programs.
- Create and distribute monthly F&B Newsletter.
- Communicate critical resort and department information to
F&B employees through multiple channels including but not
limited to communication boards, email distribution lists, weekly
- Help train managers on department and company systems with
regard to hiring, time and attendance, and be the point of contact
with questions to assist them in completing job changes, pay
changes, and transfers.
- Manage specific training programs such as TIPS and Food Safety
certification records monthly and ensure all employees have
appropriate level of certification within 30 days of starting
- Ensure all incoming managers have appropriate security access
to reporting, email, RTP, and time and attendance.
- Orchestrates mid and end of season reviews for all employees
and return copies to HR.
- Assist managers in creating development plans for their high
preforming employees throughout the year.
- Create and facilitate Mentor Program.
- Create and oversee career path development for select F&B
positions. Coach Managers on dealing with performance related
issues and correction action methods. Assist in kitchen and front
of the house roles as needed to meet guest needs.
- Leadership: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Integrity & Compliance: Comply with Federal and California
Labor law in phases of the payroll and employment process; from
hiring through termination, as well as all Company policies &
- Commitment to Service: Achieve continuous improvement in
operational objectives by implementing production, productivity,
quality, and customer-service standards. Contribute information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Financial: Responsible for creating and maintaining labor
budget. Check and manage payroll for overtime, compliance with
labor model. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements,
preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing
variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Safety: Establish, implement, and enforce safety standards in
accordance with company policies and procedures as well as State &
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and
verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively
present information to management, employees, and customers.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize
needs, effectively manages resources and time. Excellent
organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to
handle multiple tasks.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent judgments which
have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations and documentation.
- Working knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Able to make independent judgments which have considerable
impacts on the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years Food & Beverage Management and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years supervisory experience
- Must have or be able to obtain CA Food Handlers Card
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card
- Food & Beverage Management experience in a resort setting
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the
Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's salary range for this position.
Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based
on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort,
LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may
include short-term and long-term incentives and many
Base salary range: $64,480.00 - $89,463.31 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell, taste, and ski. Must be
capable of walking or standing 80% or more of a normal 8 hour work
shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. Pushing or
pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will occasionally be exposed to outside weather
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is
usually loud. The employee will have occasional exposure to fumes,
odors, and gases. Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor
ventilation. Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical,
burns and radiant energy hazards. Occasional exposure to toxic,
caustic chemical hazards.
Equipment Used in Job: Commercial kitchen equipment, various,
For information on Alterra Mountain Company's Social Responsibility
work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please
see our webpage at www.alterramtnco.com/social-responsibility.
Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to
support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color),
disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our workforce.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant gm,
district manager, fire marshal, general manager, gerente,
lieutenant, manager, planning operations, supervisor
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Lincoln , F&B Employee Experience Manager, Executive , Truckee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!