Ophthalmic Technician II Cert
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Ophthalmic Technician/photographer is a member of the health
care team who, working under the supervision of the department
manager, assumes responsibility and accountability for performing
Ophthalmic technician, photography and other technical tests on
patients as requested. The Ophthalmic Technician provides safe and
knowledgeable patient care.
Provide direct and indirect patient care associated with physician
Perform biometrics, visual field examinations, B scan ultrasound
evaluations, tonometry, and keratometry consistent with
Certification by Joint Commission on Allied Health personnel in
Perform ophthalmic photography (fluorescien angiography, external
photos, stereo photos and anterior segment photos), consistent with
Certification by Ophthalmic Photographer's Society.
Review, identify, label and file completed photographs, negatives
and slides. Identify, read and interpret stereoscopic slides,
according to department policy.
Set up and maintain cameras, and associated ophthalmic equipment
and instruments in proper working order on a daily basis.
Develop ophthalmic film.
Store equipment in its appropriate place at the end of the working
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Three (3) years work experience (working twenty (20) or more
hours per week) as an Ophthalmic Technician within the last five
(5) years and be fully proficient in and perform Goldman Visual
Fields, Biometrics, Fluorescein Angiography and Retinal Photography
a great majority of the time.
- One year of job experience with cameras and darkroom technique
within the past two (2) years, preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Ophthalmic Technician Certification by Joint Commission on Allied
Health Personnel in Ophthalmology.
- Certified in Retinal Angiography by the Ophthalmic Photographer's
- Knowledge of ocular anatomy, physiology, pathology, and
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate
collective bargaining agreement.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Lincoln , Ophthalmic Technician II Cert, Other , Lincoln, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!