PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To
Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high
quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are
currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Code: N29 -
HR Title Group:
Distribution and Production
Salary Grade: N13
Approval Date: August
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under close supervision the Shipping and/or Receiving Clerk
performs a variety of duties to include; the preparation, posting,
shipment of finished products in fulfillment of customer orders;
and/or the receiving and unloading of shipments. Employees in this
job classification prepare items for shipment, determine method of
shipment, maintain records, unpack and inspect incoming stock,
contact shipper to rectify shortages and damaged items. This
job class requires knowledge of shipping and/or receiving methods
and procedures; the ability to package securely, track, enter and
look up detailed information; and the ability to operate a lift
truck or hand truck.
1. *Physically prepares and ships outbound customer orders
within the distribution/ warehouse environment. Verifies product
accuracy and count prior to finalization.
2. *Assembles cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled
containers, and inserts items using spacers, fillers and protective
3. *Determines method of shipment, according to shipping
procedures, routes and rates.
4. *Prepares and affixes shipping labels on packed
5. *Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes
6. *Systematically processes customer orders using ERP/WMS
systems as well as various carrier-provided external software
programs to complete shipments.
7. *Prepares customer invoice documentation for outbound
8. *Examines outgoing shipments to ensure they meet
specifications. Compares identifying information and counts, and
weighs or measures items to verify information against bills of
lading, invoices, orders or other records.
9. *Enters and maintains required records of shipments.
10. *Maintains inventories of shipping materials and
11. *Operates and maintains lift truck or uses hand truck to
move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping platform to storage
or work area.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
13. *Receives arriving shipments of stock and prioritizes
multiple incoming shipments.
14. *Unloads trucks, vehicles and other storage containers
onto dock or staging area.
15. *Unpacks and examines shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and contacts shipper to rectify problems.
16. *Compares identifying information and counts. Weighs or
measures items and verifies information against bills of lading,
invoices, or other records to confirm that orders are complete.
17. *Verifies and records shipment information and maintains
records on incoming shipments,
18. *Sorts and stacks material to be palletized for movement
to designated staging areas, depending on ultimate destination.
19. *Enters real time systematic transactions for receiving
materials using RF scan guns, or enters information into
20. *Logs-on to ERP systems to obtain paperwork on incoming
and outgoing orders.
21. *Produces and applies individual part number labels for
newly received products.
22. Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year of work experience, preferably in shipping and
• Familiarity with packing and shipping methods and processes
• Skills to operate a computer keyboard and 10-key by
• Experience operating a forklift, Pallet Ryder and other
material handling equipment, preferred;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate
• Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet,
enter data/retrieve data;
• Human relations skills to build effective working
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES
The following licenses or certificates may
be required depending on local, state and/or contract
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform
the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or
• Maneuvering in and around the
• Bending and stooping
• Lifting and moving boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
• Pulling or pushing up to 75 pounds
• May require using a pallet jack
• Climbing on and off material handling equipment
• Viewing Computer screen
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed in a commissary,
warehouse, or distribution environment with forklifts, material
handling and production equipment. May be exposed to noise
from equipment and depending on external weather conditions
exposure to heat, cold, wind, and rain.
above information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this
job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s
instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their
PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a
If you are interested in working for this
unique organization that blends business with a social mission,
please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA
federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
all federal, state, and local laws.