Event Services Coordinator
Company: Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Event Services Coordinator assists the
sales and event design teams through numerous sales and design
coordination tasks, activities, projects, and responsibilities.
Responsibilities must be performed in accordance with all Company
standards, policies, and procedures.
- Practice, support, and promote Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s
“Winning Attitude” company-wide culture and demonstrate AAA Four
Diamond service standards at all times.
- Data mine websites for potential sales leads; set appointments
for managers and assist with sales blitzes or catering
- Navigate websites to source new catering or design products and
vendors. Maintain current vendor list which matches needs of the
property and is accessible to other key managers and staff.
- Maintain and monitor all pricing sheets for sellable equipment
and services to ensure information is accurate, competitive and
presentable; bring any discrepancies to the Manager’s
- Maintain and demonstrate practical knowledge of all banquet
capacities and set ups of meeting and event spaces, including
nontraditional areas such as the pool and restaurants.
- Maintain and demonstrate practical knowledge of all Guest
amenities throughout Thunder Valley Casino Resort and Whitney Oaks
- Develop, distribute and execute banquet event orders (BEOs) and
event diagrams for internal and retail events.
- Assist with design, creation, and maintenance of event
- Adhere to department response times to communicate either in
person, telephonically, email, or other means with customers and
vendors; meet and greet customers and vendors as needed.
- Inspects VIP Guest rooms and event spaces to ensure Four
- Work with event teams to set up, tear down, and execute offsite
and onsite events.
- Perform general office tasks of filing, maintaining Outlook
calendars and photo galleries, and accounts payable functions. May
be required to submit sales/production reports to Director of Hotel
- Follow established company and departmental policies and
standards to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Associates degree and/or one (1) or more years of related
experience and/or training in a related field (such as event
planning, catering, food and beverage, or group sales); or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Previous
experience with Opera Sales preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with
Guests, Team Members and Management in both oral and written form
in both negative and positive situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions, and percentages, by applying concepts of basic
- Ability to follow complex or diverse instructions and
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships, as well
as define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret, mediate and resolve staff and guest
- Must be dependable, organized, outgoing, positive, discrete,
and energetic with strong interpersonal skills and be capable of
working effectively with frequent interruptions or changing
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- An eye for design and a creative mind are preferred.
- Must be able to work any shift including evenings, weekends,
- Valid CA driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain UAIC Tribal Gaming License.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see
color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and
- Must be able to lift, or exert force, up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, or climb stairs for prolonged
- Requires walking, reaching, turning, bending, lifting,
carrying, observing, hearing, standing, working from heights on
ladders or lifts.
- Manual dexterity to use job related equipment.
- Ability to work with chemicals, cleansers, solvents, and
- Ability to communicate by telephone and radio.
If you feel that this position is a great
match for your interests and skills, click the button to apply.
Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino
Keywords: Thunder Valley Casino Resort, Lincoln , Event Services Coordinator, Other , Lincoln, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!