Grain Originator - Topflight Grain Cooperative - Lincoln, IL
Company: FS System
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link COMPANY: Topflight
Grain CooperativeLOCATION: Lincoln, ILJOB SUMMARY
This position partners closely with the Western Region Origination
Manager to assist in the efficient daily operation of the Western
Region branch offices, including grain origination, accurate
accounting for all inbound/outbound grain activity, customer grain
settlement, developing customer relationships, and providing a
superior level of customer service.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for accurate grain accounting and subsequent
- Purchase grain from patrons and report purchases.
- Settle grain contracts, write grain checks to customers.
- Responsible for operating grain scales and computer system, and
weighing inbound and outbound truck shipments.
- Responsible for testing grain for test weight and moisture with
moisture meter, check for FM using gram scale, and check for damage
and properly re -cording data into computer system.
- Know the customer base and the area in which you do business
- Maintains a safe working environment and promotes safety amongst
customers and employees.OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must maintain a high level of customer service.
- Maintain market information and provide patrons with current
grain market information.
- Have thorough knowledge of grain contracts available and be aware
of marketing options/resources for customers.
- Monitor Delayed Price contracts and all location contracts for
- Communicates daily with location Elevator Superintendents, and
possibly Regional Operations Managers, on grain loading and
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all sales
tickets and scale tickets at location.
- Resolve customer complaints or work with management on
- Supervise and instruct part-time help during harvest period.
- Weekends, seasonal hours, holidays, on-call, and overtime if
- Good communication skills with customers and fellow
- Make farm visits to current customers and prospective
- Exhibit a professional image and maintain a positive and
respectful attitude.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of the agriculture industry preferred.
- Knowledge on government (OSHA, State, Federal, etc.) regulations
concerning the handling and storing of grain.
- Knowledge on insurance/government
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field of study or Associate's
Degree with significant industry experience.
- Experience in agribusiness industry preferred.SKILLS &
- Speaking-Talking to customers/other staff to convey information
- Writing-Communicating effectively in writing or e-mail as
appropriate as needed.
- Time Management-Manage one's own time and time of seasonal
- Judgment/Decision Making-Analyze the cost/benefit of different
situations to maximize profitability.
- Computer Skills-Microsoft Office, Agris Accounting System,
OneWeighTM Grain SystemCERTIFICATES & LICENSES
- Series III License (or ability to get one).
- Crop Insurance License (or ability to get one).
- Class D License to drive company vehicle.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Handling/ Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Crawl Not Applicable
Squat or Kneel Occasionally
Driving OccasionallyWORK ENVIRONMENT
- Most of the time is spent inside in an office environment. During
harvest, exposure to noise from grain hoppers. Exposure to grain
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Part Time, Customer Service
Keywords: FS System, Lincoln , Grain Originator - Topflight Grain Cooperative - Lincoln, IL, Other , Lincoln, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!