Experienced Autobody Prepper
Posted on: September 11, 2023
We're looking for Autobody Preppers with a minimum of 5 years of
professional automotive bodywork experience to join us at Carvana -
the fastest-growing used automotive retailer in U.S. history and
one of the four fastest companies to make the Fortune 500.
As an Experienced Prepper, you'll be expected to train other
autobody technicians and perform extensive bodywork on multiple
- Heavy plastic welding/stapling
- Heavy metal pulling, straightening, shrinking, and stud
- Roof and rocker panel repair Large area, heavy bodywork
(including Bondo repair)
At Carvana, you'll receive a competitive wage and amazing perks -
including a 401(k) with Carvana match and even a vehicle purchase
discount - all while using state of the art tools in one of our
high-tech Inspection Centers ( click here to learn more). If you're
joining us in an entry-level position, we offer training programs
to make sure your skills and pay progress along with the company.
Other perks of the Job
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums
- Generous paid-time off and your birthday is a holiday!
- ASE and tool reimbursement programs
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment How To Get
Join the Carvana team by applying on this page, or call one of our
recruiters by phone at , Monday through Friday, between 6 AM and 4
PM PT (9AM to 7PM ET). Not a match for this role?
We have a variety of prep roles available, depending on your
experience - look below to see what you'll be doing to help us get
our low-mileage, late-model cars ready for our customers:
- Entry-Level Prepper (min 1 year professional experience):
perform light bodywork, including prepping, sanding, and buffing
vehicles, removing and installing bumpers, single panel repair
(including Bondo repair), and minor plastic welding
- Mid-Level Prepper (min 3-5 years professional experience):
perform bodywork on multiple panels, including heavy plastic
welding, minor metal pulling, roof and rocker panel repair, stud
welding, and large area heavy bodywork (including Bondo
- Experienced Prepper (min 5 years professional experience):
train other autobody technicians and perform extensive bodywork on
multiple panels, including plastic welding, metal pulling, roof and
rocker panel repair, and stud welding We also have a variety of
other automotive roles available in one of our 18 locations across
the country - take a look at our Careers site to apply for one of
the following roles:
- Auto Body roles: Paint, Prep/Body work, Wheel Repair, Airbrush,
Interior Repair, Glass Repair, and PDR (Paintless Dent Repair)
- Auto Technician/Mechanic roles: Lube and Oil, Inspection, Brake
and Tire, Mechanical Repair / Build, and Master Technician
- Entry-Level roles: Detailing, Inventory Associate (Car
Porters), Photo, Parts Associate, Inspection, and
Coordinator/Administrator roles General qualifications and
- Ability to physically operate vehicle equipment and tools -
must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's
license. Some positions may be subject to an Motor Vehicle Records
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production
environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather
- Use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to
face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other
protective garments and equipment About Carvana
At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren't car salesmen. Our promise is
simple: we won't sell a car to a customer that we wouldn't sell to
our own Mom. Period.
To make sure our cars are in first-rate condition, we've built
multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where
our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching
the Carvana website.
Think you've got what it takes to join our team? Apply today!
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This
role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Must be at least 18
years of age and possess a valid driver's license. Must be able to
read, write, speak and understand English.
Keywords: Carvana, Lincoln , Experienced Autobody Prepper, Other , Lincoln, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!