Adult Ski & Snowboard Instructor - Entry & Certified
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CASeasonal (Seasonal)
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region,
boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than
70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the
1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain
to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow
sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades
Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in
Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers
year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques,
many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on
the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski
destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a
harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy.
Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn
more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Job Summary: Palisades Tahoe is seeking Ski Instructors of all
experience levels to promote the sport of skiing with exceptional
guest service by providing safe, enjoyable and effective ski
lessons for kids and adults.
- Seasonal, full-time and part-time positions available
supporting the Palisades Tahoe Ski School
- Role will frequently be exposed to and immersed in winter
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following;
other duties may be assigned:
- Assures customer satisfaction with safe, friendly and efficient
- Provides exceptional guest service to students and guests of
all ages through personable use of modern teaching techniques.
- Instructs and educates guests of all ages in and skiing, using
modern teaching techniques. Maintains an environment of safety, fun
- Clarify customer's expectations and goals at the beginning of
- Provides individual or group instruction on skiing.
- Analyzes problems and resolves them in a positive and safe
- Selects appropriate terrain for skills being developed.
- Use effective pacing that is appropriate for students ability
- Participates in snowboard or skiing clinics to keep current
with the most modern and efficient teaching methods and
- Communicates daily with fellow staff to maintain awareness of
mountain operations and activities.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- PSIA or AASI certification, and/or Children's
- Teaching experience in a sports setting with children ages
- Recreation, education, or child development background
- Customer service experience in a resort setting
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort,
LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may
include short-term and long-term incentives and many
Base hourly pay range: $18.68 - $39.10 per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, talk, see, hear, and ski. Must be capable
of walking, standing and skiing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work
shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing
or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will continuously be exposed to outside weather
conditions. The employee will frequently be exposed to extreme
cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasionally blizzards and
extreme storm conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is
Equipment Used in Job: Skis and/or Snowboard
For information on Alterra Mountain Company's Social Responsibility
work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please
see our webpage at www.alterramtnco.com/social-responsibility.
Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to
support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color),
disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Lincoln , Adult Ski & Snowboard Instructor - Entry & Certified, Other , Truckee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!