Lift Operator - Palisades & Alpine
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CASeasonal (Seasonal)
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region,
boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than
70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the
1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain
to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow
sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades
Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in
Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers
year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques,
many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on
the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski
destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a
harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy.
Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn
more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Job Summary: To execute proper, efficient, and courteous loading
and unloading of our guests. Ticket scanning, line control and
operating resort chairlifts assisting all passengers with loading
and unloading while complying with the Olympic Valley Alpine
Meadows safety policy.
- Seasonal full-time and part-time positions available
- Role will frequently be exposed to outside winter weather
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following:
other duties may be assigned:
- Provide all customers and employees with top quality customer
service in all situations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with efficient, friendly
- Perform safety checks on chairlift and fill out safety
- Must be familiar with assigned lift: brakes, electrical
systems, mechanical drives.
- Assist customers and employees in loading and unloading chairs
- Must be able to communicate effectively with persons using
lifts, and top and bottom lift operators.
- Maintain safe snow conditions by shoveling on loading and
- Set up and maintain signs, temporary fences and mazes for chair
loading and unloading.
- Monitor area for trash, tissues and other safety issues.
- Must be alert at all times of everything around assigned lift
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working with the public
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort,
LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may
include short-term and long-term incentives and many
Base hourly pay range: $18.68 - $24.28 per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking
or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be
capable of occasionally carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to
35lbs. Must capable of occasionally squatting, bending, kneeling,
reaching, and balancing, able to climb ladders and shovel snow.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and
the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The
employee will frequently be exposed to extreme cold, wetness and/or
humidity, and occasionally blizzards and extreme storm
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is
Equipment Used in Job: Various lift operation equipment
For information on Alterra Mountain Company's Social Responsibility
work including our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion actions, please
see our webpage at www.alterramtnco.com/social-responsibility.
Among other resources, Alterra has Employee Resource Groups to
support the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color),
disability, LGBTQIA2S+, and women communities within our
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Lincoln , Lift Operator - Palisades & Alpine, Other , Truckee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!