Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CAYear Round
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region,
boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than
70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the
1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain
to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow
sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades
Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in
Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers
year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques,
many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on
the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski
destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a
harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy.
Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn
more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Job Summary: Serve and protect the guests, staff and physical
assets of Palisades Tahoe, while maintaining the Company service
standards, safety policies and procedures.
- Seasonal and Year Round Full-time positions available
supporting the Palisades Tahoe Security Team
- Role starts at $22 hourly
- Position may exposed to and immersed in outdoor winter
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following;
other duties may be assigned:
- Provide a safe environment for staff and guests 24 hours a
- Patrol the Resort using the Protrac security system and
provides protection to all guests and employees.
- Be visible and accessible at all times, watching for potential
ski thieves, ticket scalpers and public assistance.
- Check doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are tightly
closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows;
submits information to managers.
- Transport guests and staff as needed.
- Accompany any and all requests for money escorts.
- Drive ticket seller to Resort .
- Unlock ticket portals and turn on lights and heat 30 minutes
prior to opening.
- Identify safety hazards and either remedy the problem or report
to Risk/Safety Manager.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what actions
to take based on situation, facts known and position
- Put up flags in appropriate spots.
- Maintain comprehensive Security Log.
- Interact with fire department and law enforcement as required
and to assist all departments when necessary.
- Complete accurate and thorough incident reports
Competencies and Job Requirements
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection
- Able to follow all policies and procedures contained in
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year security experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- A valid California Guard Card is required before you start
- A valid Drivers License and clean driving record
- Experience in law enforcement
- Basic CPR/AED and first aid training
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be capable of
walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
Required to walk over uneven terrain such as hiking trails or snow.
Must be capable of frequently pushing or pulling up to 50lbs,
occasionally lifting or carrying up to 50lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Palisades Tahoe Resort,
LLC's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may
include short-term and long-term incentives and many
Base hourly pay range: $20.54 - $26.71 per hour
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is
Equipment Used in Job: Security Vehicle, Golf Carts, 2-Way
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Lincoln , Security Officer, Other , Truckee, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!